My aunt asked me how I was doing and held me close as the tears came again. It's just too much.
My grandma lays in a hospital bed, sheets pulled up close to her face, breathing softly, in and out of sleep. The same grandma who lost her husband of 62 years less than two years ago. In the same ICU, down the same hallway.
And we wait, in the same waiting room, family coming from far and wide. Eleven days before Christmas.
The fog set in today, so deep and heavy my sister and her husband had to pull of the road and find a new route when cars piled up on the road they usually take. And that fog...it settles in my heart too.
I find myself floating between denial and brokenness. I don't know what tomorrow will hold, what three days will tell us. But the possibilities...they overwhelm me.
Your prayers...we covet them today. It is the Love that came down at Christmas that holds me today, allowing the tears to fall and the worries about tomorrow to be laid at His feet. Will you pray for us...because this is more than we can bear?
(For obvious reasons, the Dayspring review and giveaway I promised to post today will have to wait. I can't bring myself to find the words to finish it and post it when my heart is so confused right now.)
Stephanie, saying a prayer for your grandmother tonight, and for you and your family. May He bring you peace and comfort you through this time.
ReplyDeleteOh Stephanie! My heart aches for you. I'm praying that God will heal your grandma, but also that He will give you grace and peace... even joy, no matter what happens.
ReplyDelete